John Hallworth, the Club Welfare Officer (CWO)
has two key responsibilities:
1. To be clear about the clubs responsibilities
when running activities for children and young people.
• ensuring these responsibilities are well understood by others
• working with the Youth League Welfare Officer (YLWO) and
County FA Welfare Officer
• working closely with the Club committee and managers
• promoting The FA’s Respect Programme and helping to develop best practice processes
2. To help club personnel understand what their ‘duty of care’ towards children and young people
actually means and entails on a day-to-day basis.
In order to carry out the responsibilities
of CWO, John implements the safeguarding children policy, anti-bullying policy and equality policy
and monitors behaviour and child welfare across the Club in relation to these. He takes up references and submits FA CRB
checks (getting the right people into our Club) and is guardian of FA Respect Programme codes of conduct
for our Charter Standard Club.
Please find below copies of our Club's policies: